Alaïa SA is a company that develops and operates action sports facilities dedicated for the practice of summer and winter action sports and action camps. Alaïa Chalet, located near Crans-Montana, and Alaïa Bay, in Sion, are the group’s first 2 sport centers and are directly inspired by the surf culture. The vision is to offer a unique experience that allows visitors to be part of a community that shares the same passion and values: freedom, creativity, health, nature, pleasure, and progress.
ALAÏA is now creating a new position for a highly experienced and motivated Operations Director for all Sport segments.
ALAÏA SA is currently looking for its new experienced, highly motivated Operations Director for all Sport segments to take strategic and operational control of the sales, day to day operations and growth for our sport centers and camps.
As Sport Operations Director you will work with the team and develop it further to provide exceptional client, athlete and camp services, continually exceeding the highest possible standards whilst overseeing the smooth running of the operations ensuring the department objectives are met and maintained at all times through optimizing occupancy, revenue, and maintaining and building on the reputation of Alaïa.
You will be an excellent communicator and have greatly developed organizational and communication skills, being able to thrive within a high-pressured environment.
As Sport Operations Director you must be a real team player, whilst being able to adapt and take charge in a variety of situations. You will have the highest attention to detail, whilst maximizing all sales opportunities for new and existing clients and training your team to deliver the same.
The job is demanding yet rewarding and the hours could be long so a flexible approach to work is necessary. A strong ability to work with and motivate others is required as well as the ability to set and maintain high standards throughout the season.
- Plan, implement and manage overall sport operations and facilities
- Supervision of all Facility and Operations staff – staff scheduling and recruiting
- Coordinate all purchase all equipment, materials, and tools necessary for programming as needed
- Maintenance of facilities and lead the maintenance team in all sport facilities
- Design and implement new products with the marketing and finance team
- Plan and implement marketing campaigns with the marketing team
- Generate new ideas, incentives and packages, and other sales and marketing duties
- Conduct budgeting and financial planning, manage and monitor expenses
- Identify new markets and business opportunities and increase sales
- Build and maintain strong relationship with clients
- Determine KPIs, track KPIs and produce reports
- Ensure safety and adherence to rules and regulations
- Problem-solving and managing grievances in relation to clients, athletes, campers, staff
- Communicate with Central Office to provide them necessary information
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or sport management, or similar
- Seasoned professional with at least 10 years of successful professional careers
- Fluent in French and English, good level of German
- International & multi-cultural experience
- Strong moral character, pleasant personality to interface with staff and guests, proven skills in people management
- Good knowledge of financial budgeting and management of POS with >10mo CHF turnover / year
- Exceptional organizational skills and detail oriented
- Desire to work with guests and staff and positively impact them
- Proven management skills and experience with large team (30-60 people) within SMB / Entrepreneur
- Proven experience creating and implementing new systems in an organization
- Willingness to work weekends and have a flexible schedule that varies by season of the year
- Self-starter/takes initiative
- Strong computer skills –MS Office especially MS Excel, communication skills (written and verbal), Strong digital culture and social media culture
- Strong passion and understanding of action sports, outdoor activities and tourism, with international exposure
Lieu de travail : Sion, Valais
Type de contrat : CDI
Taux d’occupation : 100%
Entrée en fonction : Fall 2021